The Housing Prep Workshop Series supports and guides your search for off-campus housing as you start at U of T. It runs from June to September annually.
Incoming first-year undergraduate students can attend these workshops to gain knowledge and skills to navigate the Toronto housing market. You only need to attend one of each!
1. Intro to the Toronto Housing Market
Educated tenants have an understanding of their housing options. Join this session to:
- Discover the different types of off-campus housing accommodations
- Learn about the varying costs of off-campus housing
- Understand the basics of a tenant’s legal rights in Ontario
- Learn about other resources and events offered by Housing Services
2. Effective Housing Search Strategies
Through these presentation-style workshops, you will learn:
- When to search for off-campus housing
- What platforms to use in a housing search
- The steps involved in determining your needs, searching, and signing a lease
- About other resources available to support your housing search
3. Integrating into Campus Life while Living Off-Campus
Students who live off-campus can certainly be fully involved in campus life. Join us and Orientation, Transition and Engagement to discover more about:
- Finding roommates to live with off-campus
- Commuter centres located around campus and commuter meal plans
- Becoming an active participant in campus life
Want to learn more? These workshops complement our full URent programming.
Incoming first-year undergraduate students
Register for workshops on the CLNx through the links below.
Intro to the Toronto Housing Market
Effective Housing Search Strategies
Integrating into Campus Life While Living Off-Campus