A job board is an online service that employers use to advertise jobs. Job boards alone are not the most effective way to find work, but they do help people find jobs. If you are going to use job boards, combine this with other methods to find a job.
New boards are created regularly, so be aware of the ones that are used most in your industry. Ask people in the field which ones they recommend. Start with job boards on company websites.
Job boards just for students and recent grads
- The Career & Co-curricular Learning Network (CLNx) advertises career-related full-time positions, academic positions, part-time and summer positions, work-study and research positions and volunteer opportunities. Positions can be on or off campus.
- The Government of Canada Job Bank offers a web-based network of job postings available to Canadians, with over 2,000 new opportunities posted every day. In 2020, the Job Bank will be the primary source for information for youth on the availability of positions funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. You are encouraged to search Canada Summer Jobs-funded positions on the Job Bank while they are advertised. Please refer to the Government of Canada website for complete details.
- Ontario Public Service Careers hires students each year in a variety of summer positions across the Ontario Public Service, its related agencies and community groups through the Summer Employment Opportunities program. Please refer to the Government of Ontario website for complete details.
- TalentEgg advertises career-related entry-level positions, part-time and summer positions, co-ops and internships for students and recent graduates.
- Workopolis Campus advertises career-related full-time positions, part-time and summer positions, and internships for students and recent graduates.
- Magnet is an online service that connects people with jobs and opportunities using a cutting-edge technology platform.
Job boards for all job seekers
- Eluta specializes in finding new job announcements from employers across Canada.
- Indeed allows you to search company websites and job boards simultaneously.
- Charity Village lists postings for the non-profit sector.
Tip! Google: “job boards for ____ (internships, industry, job type etc)” to find specific job boards.