24/7 emergency on-campus
University Campus Police
Living in residence?
Contact residence life professional staff and/or your Dean of Students.
24/7 emergency off-campus
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 416-863-0511 | TTY/ATS 416-364-8762
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre: 416-597-8808
- York Region Women’s Sexual Assault Helpline: 905-895-7313
- Hostel Services, Central Intake | 416-397-5637
- Ontario Victim Support Line | 416-314-2447
- Peel Rape Crisis Centre | 905-273-9442
Sexual assault/safety on-campus resources
For all U of T services, programs and resources related to sexual violence, sexual assault and sexual harassment, contact the U of T Sexual Violence Prevention & Support Centre.
- Community Safety Office: 416-978-1485
- St. George Health & Wellness: 416-978-8030
- UTM Health & Counselling Centre: 905-828-5255
- UTSC Health & Wellness Centre: 416-287-7065
Sexual assault/domestic violence treatment centres
Women’s College Hospital | 416-323-6040 | 76 Grenville Street, Toronto, ON. The clinic is located on the first floor in the Acute Ambulatory Care Unit, Room 1256.
All services are provided by registered nurses. The services include, but are not limited to:
- Crisis support
- Assessing and documenting injuries/assault history
- Testing and treating sexually transmitted infections
- Emergency contraceptive options
- Testing for drugs that may have been used to commit the assault
- Assessment of risk and safety planning
- Referral to community resources
If the victim chooses to involve the police, the hospital will carefully collect and document the necessary evidence for release and analysis.
905-848-7493 | 100 Queensway West, Mississauga, ON
Clients may access this 24-hour, 7-day-a-week service through the Emergency Department. A specially trained nurse provides one-on-one care including assessment; treatment; documentation of injuries (may include photographing); safety planning; emotional support and providing information concerning medical, legal and counselling options. This process occurs in the safety and security of a private unit separate from the Emergency Department.
416-495-2555 or TTY: 416-498-6739 | 3030 Birchmount Road, Scarborough, ON
Provides care 24 hours a day to men, women and transgender individuals who have been sexually assaulted or experienced intimate partner violence.
Sexual and reproductive health counselling and educationThe physicians and nurses at the Health & Wellness Centre can provide counselling and information on the various forms of birth control, and can help you choose the method that is right for you. Learn more about Sexual and reproductive health counselling and education
Mental health careBook an appointment with a clinician to learn about your care options. Our clinicians will guide you to the appropriate care for you based on your unique needs. Learn more about Mental health care