The Student Organization Portal is a comprehensive database of all University of Toronto recognized student organizations. What are you doing after class?
All the clubs!
You can find contact information for all kinds of student groups on the Student Organization Portal:
- Recognized student groups are student clubs or groups that have “registered” or gained recognition from the Office of Student Life.
- Student societies often called student governments, student unions or student councils. They are supported by student fees, and students automatically become members based on where they are registered at the University per the Policy on the Compulsory Non-Academic Incidental Fees.
- Affiliates of student societies including course and program unions have a formal relationship with an established student society.
- Hart House clubs and committees operate through Hart House.
- Campus media (newspapers) are considered student societies because a fee is collected on their behalf.
- Athletic groups operate through the Athletic Centre and/or the Varsity Centre.
The Student Organization Portal also provides access to services for their clubs including:
- An up-to-date listing of your group including contact information and links to your group’s website and socials.
- Ability to post events on a centralized calendar with a unique, shareable URL.
- Ability to post opportunities on a centralized listing. An “opportunity” is an experience (paid or unpaid) that would typically offer a sustained level of commitment and/or involvement and would not usually be limited to a few hours.
Undergraduate and graduate students, student leaders, and U of T community members
Privacy & Policies