The Housing resource library is an online collection of interactive PDF tools and external links that will help you apply to on-campus residence, prepare for quarantine and navigate the off-campus rental market.
Interested in the full details about residence and off-campus housing? Explore our complete list of residence information including comparisons, tours and applications, as well as rental information like living costs, subletting and tenant rights.
- Review the University’s COVID-19 Information and Quarantine Guide for Students via the Office of the Vice-Provost, Students
- Student Safety in Quarantine (PDF): a list of emergency contacts, safety tips for quarantine and warnings about scams targeting students
- Self-Isolation/Quarantine Accommodation Options (PDF): a list of accommodation options for campus community members who may require a place to self-isolate/quarantine when arriving in Toronto
- Guide on Self-Isolation and Staying Physically Healthy (PDF): how to quarantine properly, manage stress and take care of your body while in self-isolation
- Food Resource List (PDF): a list of food delivery options for students in self-isolation/quarantine due to COVID-19
Learn about residence tours, options and applications.
- Residence Comparison Chart (PDF): compare features and locations of St. George campus residences
- Tenant education videos: short videos recorded by our off-campus educator to understand various aspects of rental rights & responsibilities
- Steps to Justice: a legal resource library to understand your tenant rights about COVID-19, renting a new place, maintenance and repairs, privacy and harassment, eviction and more.
- Landlord & Tenant Board Forms Database: forms for landlords and tenants to use in negotiating the rental relationship
- Apartment Viewing Checklist (PDF): bring this to your next viewing to inspect the unit and ensure it meets your expectations
- Landlord Q & A (PDF): ask a prospective landlord these questions
- Roommate Compatibility Checklist (PDF): assess whether a potential roommate is good fit by comparing your answers on this lifestyle quiz
- Roommate Agreement (PDF): establish some ‘house rules’ with the people you will be living with to create shared expectations
- Printable Rent Receipts (PDF): always get a receipt for any money paid to a landlord (deposits, rent, etc.)
- Sublease Agreement Template (PDF): use this guide to draft a sublease agreement when subletting your unit