If you are unable to find temporary housing, stay with family or friends, or if you have any other issues that make it hard to find appropriate housing (short or long-term), we can help. A housing emergency may be due to:
- conflict in the home
- relationship break-up
- unsafe or unlivable housing conditions
- house fire or other calamity
- financial difficulty
- short-term homelessness
- other issues
We will work with you and other U of T staff, as appropriate, to help you find housing and continue with your studies.
Who to call in an emergency 24/7
- If you do not have a place to stay for the night, and it is after hours, please contact Campus Police at 416-978-2323.
- If you are fleeing an abuse situation, please contact an intake worker at the Community Safety Office during office hours or the Campus Police after office hours.
- To access a City of Toronto Shelter, call 311 or Central Intake 416-338-4766 or Toll free 1-877-338-3398.
We offer one-on-one assistance and referrals to undergraduate and graduate students:
- Who have lost, or are at risk of losing, their current housing situation
- Whose current housing is untenable
- Who may not have the resources (personal, financial, etc.) to find housing on their own
To arrange an appointment, call 416-978-8045, extension 0 (zero) or visit Housing Services at 214 College St., Room 150.