The Community Action Groups (CAGs) program brings students together to build their own project that contributes to social justice during the pandemic. Facilitated by a student group leader, each group of 8-10 students will have 6 weeks in July and August to create, develop and share their projects.
In weekly meetings, each group will also discuss topics including asset-based community development, social justice, access and anti-oppressive practice. Students will be eligible to earn CCR recognition for successfully completing this program.
The summer 2020 cycle is now open and will run remotely.
If you have questions about the program, or if you require accessibility-related accommodation(s), please contact Leneque Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All undergraduate and graduate U of T students
How The Program Works
- Register on CLNx using the “Experiential Learning” module.
- Attend a mandatory orientation. Register under PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & SCHEDULE.
- Select your group.
- Attend group meetings and create your project.
- Attend a reflection session, where you can meet students in other groups, present your project, learn from the experiences of others and think more deeply about your experience. Reflection sessions are TBA.
If you wish to earn CCR recognition, you must attend an orientation, participate in your group and attend at least one reflection session or complete at least one written reflection assignment.
Program Activities & Schedule
Email Leneque Wilson at email@example.com before Friday, June 5, 2020 for further instructions.
Register for and attend an orientation session (under PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & SCHEDULE) before Friday, June 26, 2020.
- Log in to CLNx.
- Click “Experiential Learning” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Find “Community Action Groups (CAGs) – Summer 2020”
- “Enroll” in the program.