Volunteer at CIE
Looking for a way to get involved in the international community at the University of Toronto? CIE's Volunteer Program gives you the chance to help us provide the best services, support and social opportunities for international students during their stay in Canada. Both Canadian and international students are welcome to join!
Keep in touch and in the know! Subscribe to 9 New Things International e-newsletter by sending an email to email@example.com.
You can volunteer in several areas:
- Orientation services
- Cultural and social events volunteering
- Global Students’ Network
- English Communication Program instructors
- iConnect International Mentorship Program volunteers
- CIE Orientation Focus Group volunteers
CIE Volunteer Application Form 2016-2017
Volunteer at the Centre for International Experience
To inquire about current volunteer opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Volunteering at CIE provides a nice platform to interact with people from diverse cultures and nationalities. This feeling of internationalism, together with an opportunity to welcome newcomers gives me a sense of satisfaction and joy.”
“It gives me an opportunity to socialize.”
“I like feeling that I’m contributing to a community.”
“I can connect with people from diverse background and I can help them more easily settle down with U of T.”
“I always have a lot of fun interacting with staff, other volunteers and visitors to CIE!”
“It’s a break from studies – learning something new, meeting people, and having fun.”
CIE Student Advisory Committee 2016-17
The Centre for International Experience invites interested students to participate in the CIE Student Advisory Committee (CIESAC).
The purpose of CIESAC is to provide student feedback about CIE programs, services and future initiatives.
Participation on this committee will be eligible for validation/recognition on the Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
The committee will:
- Provide feedback and recommendations regarding services and programming currently offered by CIE
- Serve as a starting point for other Student Life offices to engage with international students
- Identify future directions and potential areas for growth
- Current U of T student
- Have an interest in CIE programming, including intercultural learning, support for international students, and international study opportunities
- Available to attend meetings (see ‘Time Commitment’ below)
We are looking for a diverse student representation:
- Undergraduate and graduate students
- Both international and domestic students
- Commuters as well as those living in residence
- Students from the LGBTQ+ community
- Students from all types of families
- CIESAC will meet from 4 to 6 p.m. on four Fridays during the academic year (i.e. November, January, March, and April). Light refreshments will be provided.
An information session about CIESAC will take place on Thursday, November 3 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
CIESAC Info Session: Nov. 3, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #1 November 18, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #2 January 20, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #3 March 10, 4 to 6 p.m.
- CIESAC Meeting #4 April 7, 4 to 6 p.m.
How to Apply for CIESAC:
Students who want to join CIESAC should submit a brief statement of interest and resumé by email to Marc Arnold (email@example.com) before 5 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2016.
The selection process will be based on application materials and a brief interview with CIE staff. Our goal is to appoint 10 to 12 students for the committee this year.
Global Student Network
Global Student Network at the Centre for International Experience is recruiting new talent for 2016-17 team.
The following positions are available:
- VP Finance and Internal Affairs
- General Managers for Finance and Internal Affairs
- VP Communication
- General Managers for Communication
- VP Events
- General Managers for Events
- Mentorship Coordinator
Please submit a brief letter (1 page) stating why you want to join the team and select 1 or 2 positions you would like to apply for.
If you are applying for VP positions, also submit a resumé along with your letter.
Deadline: August 7, 2016 11:59 p.m
Submit your information to the Global Student Network by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.