If you are from one of our partner institutions, you may be eligible to come to U of T on exchange. Please explore this option FIRST by speaking with your home institution's exchange/study abroad office and by reading through our eligibility and application information.

If you are not from one of our partner institutions, there are a few other ways you can come to the University of Toronto for a short duration of time (one or two semesters). Explore your options below.


IVGS International Visiting Graduate Research program facilitates short-term graduate research activities
ELP English Language Program offered by the School of Continuing Studies
Woodsworth College Visiting Students Program for undergraduate students interested in taking Arts & Science courses on a visiting basis
Non-Degree Application Apply to attend the University of Toronto as a Non-Degree Applicant

International Visiting Graduate Student (IVGS)

The International Visiting Graduate Student (IVGS) Program provides international students the opportunity to participate in short-term graduate research activities with professors at the University of Toronto. This program is administered through the School of Graduate Studies (SGS).

Read more

English Language Program

The English Language Program offers English language courses through the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies.

Woodsworth College Visiting Students Program

Students who are enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at a recognized degree-granting institution and who wish to take Faculty of Arts & Science courses at the St. George Campus can apply through the Woodsworth College Visiting Students Program.

Non-Degree Application

Some Faculties allow students who are not pursuing a degree at U of T to take courses for credit. Please visit the Apply to U of T webpage for complete details on applying as a non-degree student.