CIE Language Exchange
Bonjour U of T! Te gusta estudiar lenguas? If you are studying a language, or just have a general interest in languages, the CIE Language Exchange program welcomes you! This is your chance to practice or learn the basics of a new language, while helping other students do the same!
When and where
We invite you to meet other students interested in languages. Let us know what language(s) you would like to learn and what language(s) you can share with the Language Exchange community. You will become a member of two groups: your target language-learning group and your language-of-strength group. At each meeting you’ll begin in one of your identified language groups and then switch to your second identified language group at the halfway point. We provide material to help with ideas for teaching others your language of strength.
When: All weekly meetings take place on Thursdays from 4:50 – 6:30 p.m.
Where: Centre for International Experience (33 St. George St.)
Fall 2019 dates:
- Kick-off event: Thursday, September 19 at 5 p.m. Register on the CLNx.
- Regular weekly meetings: September 26; October 3, 10, 17, 24, and 31; November 14 and 21. Note: There will be no meeting on November 7 due to Reading Week.
- CIE Language Communities Fall Social: Thursday, November 28 at 5 p.m.
Winter 2020 dates:
- Kick-off event: Thursday, January 16 at 5 p.m.
- Regular weekly meetings: January 23 and 30; February 6, 13, and 27; March 5, 12, and 19. Note: There will be no meeting on February 20 due to Reading Week.
- CIE Language Communities Winter Social: Thursday, March 26 at 5 p.m.