CIE Language Exchange
Bonjour U of T! Te gusta estudiar lenguas? The Centre for International Experience coordinates a Language Exchange for all U of T students (at St. George Campus). If you are studying a language, or just have a general interest in languages, we welcome you!
How it works
- Please complete and submit your online application (below) to provide information about yourself for the matching process.
- Based on your responses, we will try our best to match you with another student who has knowledge of the language that you want to learn.
If there is no one-on-one match, activities may be in small groups.
- Students who are matched will receive notification by email along with information and a guide (with a variety of sample activities that can be used for the language exchange meetings).
We will review applications and get back to you sometime in January with more information. Please note that the availability of languages is based on the pool of applicants, and we may not be able to match students in all cases.
CIE Language Exchange Applications are now being accepted! Click here to fill out an application!
You must be logged in with your UTORid to complete an application. If you are not already logged in, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Career Learning Network (CLN) website
- Log in under “Students and Recent Grads” with your UTORid
- Go to Programs
- Select CIE Language Exchange
- Complete and submit your application
Please note, you must have a valid UTORid to complete an application.
If you are having difficulty completing an application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an accessibility or accommodation requirement and/or would prefer to fill out an application in person, please let us know as soon as possible by email or by calling 416-946-7567. We will do our best to make appropriate arrangements.
When and where
The 2018 Winter Term of CIE Language Exchange will run from late January to early April . Program participants are expected to maintain contact with their program partner/partners and meet regularly when possible (approximately 90 minutes on a weekly basis and at mutually agreed upon times).
If you applied and do not yet have a match, you may get matched a little later as additional applications are received and then start meeting at that point.
A room may be available at CIE, 33 St. George St. on either Tuesdays or Thursdays. Participants have the option to independently arrange to meet with their partners at other times or spaces. More information or instructions will be available after applications are reviewed and matches are made.