Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is the department of the Government of Canada which manages everything related to immigration, including your application. As an international student you should always follow the instructions found on the IRCC website. This is the primary source for information about applying for Canadian immigration documents. Any application you want to submit MUST be through this official government website.
We recommend that you keep up-to-date with any changes in regulations that may affect your status.
We offer tips in the following areas in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) (PDF):
- Create an “IRCC secure” account
- Starting an online application
- Immigration medical examination
- Study permit – first application outside of Canada
- Co-op work permit – first application in Canada
- Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Document renewal/extensions
- Passport renewal
- Study permit – extension from within Canada
- Co-op work permit extension
- Social Insurance Number (SIN) extension
- Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) extension
- Post-graduation work permit
- External links
- Additional support
For support, contact a CIE immigration advisor.
Immigration Workshops & Info SessionsThe Centre for International Experience holds regular workshops and information sessions to help you understand your immigration responsibilities. Learn more about Immigration Workshops & Info Sessions