The Campus Life Resource Lounge is for student leaders to meet, eat their lunch, read a book, or simply relax between classes and meetings. The space has a charging stand, meeting space, equipment available to borrow, as well as equipment available to use in the lounge.
Read the Campus Life Resource Lounge Guide (PDF).
Student leaders and members of recognized campus groups and clubs
The lounge is located at at 21 Sussex Avenue in rooms 316/317 and is open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Supplies can be borrowed from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and from 2 – 5 p.m.
Students, staff and faculty can drop in to the lounge to sit, relax, meet or borrow items. Resources can only be borrowed after you are added as a patron. See a list of our resources available to borrow on Libib.com.
Become a patron
To be added as a patron, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, email, associated group and/or department. Please also indicate whether you are student, staff and/or faculty. Patrons are then able to check out and/or place holds on resources. A library manager will add all patrons.
After a patron requests a hold, they can visit the Resource Lounge to check out their item. Checkout can be done in three different ways:
- Patrons use their phone to scan the barcode, which would checkout their items for them.
- Patrons and the library manager will both receive a confirmation email that details the checked out item as well as when the item is due back.
Resource Lounge staff checkout
During lounge hours, Resource Lounge staff members can checkout the resources for the patrons.
General staff checkout
Any staff member currently available can retrieve the resource for the patron and check them out.
- After 21 days for books, or seven days for board games and activity kits, the patron and the library manager will receive a reminder email the day before the due date, on the due date, and when they become overdue.
Privacy & Policies
- Books can be borrowed for up to 21 days before a renewal request is required
- Board games and activity kits can be borrowed for up 7 days before a renewal request is required
- Students can make up to ten buttons a semester using the resource lounge button maker and supplies, after which they must bring their own supplies
- Students may laminate up to 10 pages a semester using the resource lounge laminator, after which they must bring their own supplies
There are no limits to the number of die cuts a student can make.
What Students Are Saying1 votes
The activity kits really helped in facilitating group activities at my events!
The board games are a really great resource to have for my residence house events!
This space is really nice to come and read!