The Centre for International Experience co-ordinates a variety of pre-arrival, welcome and orientation events and services to support you as you transition into U of T.
Start with the Pre-Arrival Checklist (PDF) to find information about health insurance, getting a study permit, securing housing and more.
Be sure to check the COVID-19 Information for University of Toronto Students page to get the most up to date information about entering Canada and quarantine accommodation.
- Connect with International Student Experience Ambassadors
- Get more information about arriving in Toronto
- Get to know the Centre for International Experience and meet other new students at an International Student Welcome
- Sign up for info sessions on topics such as Toronto Tips, housing and much more on CLNx under ‘CIE Events and Workshops’
Orientation is a great way to meet your new classmates and discover useful information about the University. Pre-arrival and orientation activities will take place over the summer and in the weeks leading up to the start of classes in early September. If you start in January, you will also find a variety of orientation activities to support you. See the orientation calendar to find events.
Not able to attend orientation?
If you are a new international student or an exchange student and are not able to join orientation events, you can still connect with the Centre for International Experience to get all the info you need. Staff and student ambassadors can provide information about the University and the City of Toronto, and assist you in any way they can. Get more information about:
- Immigration regulations
- Health insurance information (UHIP)
- Intercultural learning
- Building your community and getting involved in campus life
You can also register for tours at the St.George, Mississauga or Scarborough campus at your convenience.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to connecting with you!
All new undergraduate and graduate international students