Pre-arrival & welcome services for international students
The Centre for International Experience co-ordinates a variety of pre-arrival, welcome and orientation events and services to support you as you transition into U of T. Start with the CIE Pre-arrival Guide (PDF) to find information about health insurance, getting a study permit, securing housing and more.
- Pre-arrival: International student experience ambassadors
- Arrival: Airport U of T welcome booth
- Pre-orientation: Grad Step Up
- Orientation: International Student Welcome Reception
- Orientation: CIE International Student Services Expo
Orientation is a great way to meet your new classmates and discover useful information about the University. Orientation activities take place in the two weeks leading up to the start of classes in early September. If you arrive in January you will find some orientation activities taking place, but on a smaller scale. See the orientation calendar of events.
Not able to attend orientation?
If you are a newly arrived international student or an exchange student and are not able to attend all the orientation events during orientation week, make the Centre for International Experience your first stop on campus. Staff and student volunteers will provide information about the University and the City of Toronto, and assist you in any way they can. Get more information about:
- Immigration regulations
- Health insurance information (UHIP)
- Intercultural adaptation
- Resources and services available on campus and in nearby parts of the city
- Building your community and getting involved in campus life
You can also register for tours at the St.George, Mississauga or Scarborough campus at your convenience.
All new undergraduate and graduate international students