The Centre for International Experience co-ordinates a variety of scholarships to financially support U of T students seeking to study abroad or for students participating on inbound exchanges.
Additional scholarship opportunities
- MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (PDF): The MasterCard Foundation (MCF) Scholars Program is a fully-funded scholarship awarded to students from Sub-Saharan Africa who face significant economic barriers to higher education and demonstrate academic talent and a personal commitment to giving back to their home countries.
- Find information about applying to the University of Toronto, aside from the scholarship.
- Find information about the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program and schools that are currently accepting applications.
- For general inquiries about how the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program supports scholars at the University of Toronto, please contact email@example.com.
- Schwarzman Scholars Program (PDF): Develop your leadership skills and professional network through a fully funded one-year Master’s program at Tsinghua University in Beijing (one of China’s most prestigious universities). Participants will earn a Master of Global Affairs focusing on public policy, economics and business, or international studies. Applications are due May 31, 2020 for applicants with Chinese passports and September 22, 2020 for global applicants.
- DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service (PDF): The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Exchange Program offers a study scholarship and research grant for students to pursue graduate-level study or research in Germany.
- MEXT Scholarship (PDF): The Government of Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to Canadian students who wish to study at Japanese universities.
- Laidlaw Scholars Programme (PDF): The Laidlaw Scholars Programme provides students with funding to pursue research in any area of interest at U of T, or anywhere in the world. Download the 2020-2021 application guidelines (PDF).
Program EligibilityEligibility varies depending on the scholarship.
How The Program Works
Each scholarship offers a unique opportunity and funding experience.
The application process varies depending on the scholarship.