The Represent Student Leadership Institute is offered annually to all incoming elected/appointed representatives of student unions, college councils, faculty associations, residence council members and student societies from all three U of T campuses.
The institute provides tools and resources to help you and your executive team be successful throughout the year.
Whether you’re in a representative role, an executive position planning events, or at the head of your student organization, the Institute will teach you how you can create change through your student organization.
The Institute will take place Saturday, June 11, 2022 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Participation is CCR eligible.
This institute is for U of T students who hold elected or appointed leadership positions on student groups, such as:
- Tri-campus or campus wide student group (e.g. UTSU, UTSC, UTM, APUS, ASSU)
- College or faculty student society (e.g. KPEUA, ENGSoc, VUSAC)
- Course union (e.g. CINSSU, NSSA)
- Residence council (e.g. IRC, WRC)
- Hart House committee
How The Program Works
The one-day institute will take place virtually on Saturday, June 11. Fireside chats will take place virtually throughout the weeks of June 13 – 24.
Day institute: A select group of workshops have been curated for elected representatives to provide you with the skills, tools and resources you need to be successful throughout the upcoming year.
This year’s workshops include:
- Keynote Address by Paul Taylor from Foodshare Toronto
- University Acumen
- Equity, Diversity & Belonging
- Doing Anti-Racism Work
- Democratic Leadership
- Communication & Conflict Resolution as a Leader
Fireside chats: Join key leaders and administrators at the university to talk directly about what’s upcoming for the 2022-2023 academic year.
This year we are excited to host the following fireside chats specifically for our elected and appointed student representatives at U of T. Further details can be found on CLNx.
- Mavish Wesley (Director Learning & Safety Abroad) & Tara Etherington (Assistant Director, International Student and Scholar Experience)
- Sheree Drummond, Secretary of the Governing Council
- Jodie Glean, Executive Director Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Haly Overland, Digital Communications Coordinator
- Angela Treglia, Director Sexual Violence & Prevention Centre & Devi Mohabir, Assistant Director
- Shannon Simpson, Director Indigenous Initiatives
- Sandy Welsh, Vice Provost Students
- Heather Kelly, Executive Director Student Life Programs and Services
- Josh Hass, Coordinator, Student Policy Initiatives
- David Newman, Executive Director, Student Services
Full institute workshops & fireside chat details are available through our Facebook group. Register under PROGRAM REGISTRATION for information about how to join.
Represent Student Leadership Institute registration is OPEN! Register now.