The International Student Experience Student Advisory Committee (ISESAC) provides advice and feedback to staff representatives from the Centre for International Experience (CIE) on the strategic direction, services, physical space and programming related to international student experience on the U of T St. George campus.
The responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Advise on and recommend improvements to international student experience (ISE) services and programs (health insurance, legal status services, building community, understanding U of T and enrichment programs)
- Advise on student outreach efforts throughout the University
- Assist with identifying new programs and initiatives
- Recommend future directions and possible areas for development
The International Student Experience Student Advisory Committee consists of up to 10 registered U of T St. George campus students:
- At least two international students* in an undergraduate program studying full-time or part-time
- At least two international students in a professional faculty or graduate program studying full-time or part-time
Students should represent a variety of home countries, programs, and experiences.
*Priority is given to international students, but domestic students with relevant experience may be considered (e.g. those with refugee status, recent newcomers).
How The Program Works
Length of membership term
All representatives serve for a one-year term. For 2021-2022, the term will run from March to March. A student may be reappointed up to one additional year.
Any vacancies will be filled if a student resigns from the committee prior to the end of the term.
Students will earn CCR recognition for participating in the committee.
The advisory committee meets a maximum of four times in an academic year (approximately 1-2 times per semester).
Documentation of meetings
The assistant director documents each meeting and distributes a summary to all student representatives.
These terms of reference will be reviewed annually.
Applications for the 2021-2022 cycle are now closed. Applications for the 2022-2023 cycle will open in February 2022.