The Centre for Community Partnerships (CCP) builds community, enhances capacity and stewards partnerships for curricular and co-curricular community-engaged learning and research (CEL/R) initiatives at the University of Toronto.
We do so by:
- supporting instructors across all campuses and disciplines as they develop CEL/R courses and scholarship
- stewarding partnerships for grassroots, non-profit and public organizations who want to partner on CEL/R opportunities
- expanding and increasing access to resources that enable faculty and staff to offer high-quality community-engaged learning and research opportunities
- expanding opportunities and building student capacity for participating in community-engaged learning and research
At the CCP, we understand CEL to be distinguished according to four key characteristics. CEL is:
- enabled through partnerships with communities or grassroots, non-profit or public organizations
- responsive to community-defined priorities
- rooted in reciprocity, where community partners and students all benefit from the engagement
- asks students to undertake reflection to connect community engagement to defined learning objectives
Learn more about the CCP Mission and Approach to CEL (PDF).
Programs, workshops and events
- Faculty Workshops and Events
- Community-Engaged Learning Faculty Fellowship Program
- Faculty Institute on Community-Engaged Learning
Services and resources
The CCP’s activities are informed by a Faculty Advisory Committee (FAC) of 12-14 faculty members who serve two-year terms (three years if co-chairing). FAC members offer the CCP feedback on faculty-facing programs, timely reports on issues in CEL and strategic advice on CCP initiatives. The FAC is complimented by the CCP’s Student Advisory Committee and Community Partner Advisory Committee.