The Leadership Exchange exposes students to leadership theory as well the dynamics of different leadership styles using site visits and meetings. With a focus on collaborative leadership, students will visit various settings in Ottawa, including government, education, not-for-profit and the corporate sector. Students can put leadership theory into practice as they develop their own leadership qualities.
- Explores a variety of leadership theories and practical applications
- Develops student perceptions of leadership styles and best practices
- Promotes critical-thinking about personal leadership roles
- Provides the opportunity to apply what has been learned
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- U of T students from any college or faculty interested in leadership in relation to various areas of the community.
- U of T students who are interested in travelling to our nation’s capital (Ottawa) through part of November reading week to learn more about themselves, their leadership style and collaborative leadership in a broader context.
How it works
- Apply for the program by October 24, 2019 at 9 a.m.
- Attend the pre-experience session on the evening of October 30, 2019.
- Attend the November adventure to Ottawa from November 3 – 7, 2019.
- Complete a post-experience reflection.
Application and cost
Participation will be CCR eligible (based on attending the pre-experience, post-experience and participating fully in the Exchange in Ottawa).
The cost for the Leadership Exchange experience is $350 CDN per person. This includes transportation and accommodation in Ottawa, pre- and post-experience sessions, and two meals per day.
Note: Payment is required at time of application.
Team Lead role
Apply to organize and support the Leadership Exchange program!
Students who serve in the team lead role will meet bi-weekly to plan many of the aspects of the Leadership Exchange program (travel information, logistics, reflection, etc.). Participation will be CCR eligible. Team Leads will be able to attend the Leadership Exchange experience for free based on their role in supporting students, and developing this program.
Applications for Team Lead positions for 2019 are now closed.