The Leadership Exchange exposes students to leadership theory as well the dynamics of different leadership styles using site visits and meetings. With a focus on collaborative leadership, students will visit various settings in Ottawa, including government, education, not-for-profit and the corporate sector. Students can put leadership theory into practice as they develop their own leadership qualities.
- Explores a variety of leadership theories and practical applications
- Develops student perceptions of leadership styles and best practices
- Promotes critical-thinking about personal leadership roles
- Provides the opportunity to apply what has been learned
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- U of T students from any college or faculty interested in leadership in relation to various areas of the community.
- U of T students who are interested in travelling to our nation’s capital (Ottawa) through part of November reading week to learn more about themselves, their leadership style and collaborative leadership in a broader context.
How it Works
- Apply for the program by October 9 at 9:00 a.m.
- Attend pre-experience session on October 31 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Attend the November adventure to Ottawa from November 4 to 8.
- Complete a post-experience reflection by November 14 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Application and Cost
The cost for the Leadership Exchange experience is $350 CDN per person. This includes transportation and accommodation in Ottawa, pre and post experience sessions and two meals per day.
Note: The cost for students participating as Team Leads is: TBA. Payment is required at time of application.
Team Lead Role
Apply to organize and support the Leadership Exchange program!
Students who serve in the team lead role will meet bi-weekly to plan many of the aspects of the Leadership Exchange program (travel information, logistics, reflection, etc.).
Participation will be CCR eligible. Team leads also receive a discount on the cost of the Leadership Exchange experience.
Further, team leads will have 50% of their fee to Leadership Exchange covered.
Team leads have been chosen for the November Leadership Exchange.