Student Life goals 2021-2026
- Whole student growth and development: Foster a holistic approach to learning, growth and development to support students’ personal, academic and career goals.
- Student support, well-being and access: Strengthen student learning and well-being through accessible and responsive programs, services and resources.
- Active inclusion and belonging: Create opportunities so that students feel community, support and a sense of belonging.
- Collaborative relationships and partnerships: Foster a student-centric experience through our partnerships within, across and beyond the University.
- Staff commitments and engagement: Advance our work and practice in Student Life to support a student-centric campus community.
See the full Student Life Strategic Plan 2021-2026 (PDF) for more information.
In addition, the strategic frameworks and University documents that guide our programs are:
- Innovation Hub
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission Report
- Experiential learning white paper
- Policy on Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment
- Student Mental Health
- Institutional Priorities
- Themes from the Strategic Mandate Agreement (PDF)
Student Life by the numbers
- 4275 students, staff and faculty have completed the online Identify, Assist, Refer (IAR) online training
- 4686 students registered with Accessibility Services, an 11% increase
- 3500 Exam Ready kits distributed
- 14,230 students visited Health & Wellness 72,794 times, a 23.5% increase in visits
- 2725 work study students hired, a 15% increase
- 4839 students completed learning abroad activities – a 12% increase
- 12,408 students recorded 18,004 validations for 7666 opportunities on their CCR
- 360 student employees in Student Life with a combined salary of $988,425
- 13.6% increase in on-campus job postings on CLNx
- 15% increase in safeTALK course offerings
- 20 Mindful Moments drop in sessions a week – increased from 14
- 10,475 appointments or interactions at Student Life on-location services