Orientation Support Program
The Office of Student Life provides the following support for student Orientation Coordinators across the University:
- Orientation Coordinator Meetings of the Orientation Coordinators from hiring dates (usually April) through to post-orientation. The purpose of these meetings is to share ideas and best practices, coordinate inter-divisional and university-wide events, and provide a mutual support network. The dates of the 2013 Orientation Coordinator meetings are listed below.
- Orientation Coordinator Training - A full day of training in May for Orientation Coordinators in addition to presentations, workshops and discussion held in conjunction with monthly meetings. The dates for 2013 Orientation Coordinator training are listed below.
- Orientation Listserv - A listserv created by the Office of Student Life to communicate important information regarding Orientation in between OC meetings, and for Orientation Coordinators to use to coordinate and collaborate with each other throughout the summer. If you are a 2013 Orientation Coordinator and have not been added to the listserv, please contact Josh Hass.
- Joint Orientation Leader Training (JOLT) - To provide additional support to student Orientation Coordinators and ensure that Orientation Leaders are well prepared to welcome and support new students, the Office of Student Life coordinates JOLT - an Orientation Leader training program for leaders from across University.
- Orientation Incentive Grants - First-entry divisions that participate in the monthly meetings, attend all training, comply with agreed upon minimum standards, and file a written report post-orientation are eligible for a grant toward the following year's orientation program.
|Thursday, April 11||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
|Saturday, May 11||TBA (after Orientation Planning Mini-Conference)|
|Wednesday, May 29||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
|Tuesday, June 25||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
|Tuesday, July 16||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
|Tuesday, August 6||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
|Tuesday, August 20||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
|Thursday, September 26||5:30pm to 7:30pm|
Saturday, May 11
Time and location TBA
* This will be followed by an Orientation Coordinator meeting.
Training During Orientation Coordinator Meetings
The first portion of the Orientation Coordinator May 29, June 25 and July 16 meetings will be dedicated to training on a variety of topics.
Josh Hass, Student Life Coordinator (Orientation & Transition)
Koffler Student Services Centre
Main Floor, 214 College Street
Toronto, ON M5T 2Z9