The Peer Programs give students one-to-one and group support as well as the chance to contribute in a variety of roles and contexts. With an academic or social focus, challenges are addressed with a positive, practical approach that creates new opportunities for growth and connection.
Students registered with Accessibility Services can connect with an "Access Us" peer mentor and be part of a supportive community that includes:
- Being mentored by an upper-year student (3rd and 4th year or graduate)
- Social events throughout the semester
- Academic workshops led by a Learning Strategist or other professionals (e.g. time management, exam preparation, effective note-taking, etc.)
- Leadership, Professional & Career Development Opportunities
Peer Advisors - Daily Drop Ins
Peer Advisors are available to help students:
- Learn about the services at Accessibility Services
- Discover supports and resources at U of T
- Register for tests and exams
- Download their Letter of Accommodation
- Write emails and get tips on communicating with professors and course instructors
- Plan out their semester and plan ahead
- Get tips on time management and manage school work
Drop-in hours are open to all students connected with Accessibility Services.
Location: Accessibility Services, 455 Spadina Avenue.
- Mondays - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays - 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays - 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Fridays - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Note: Peers are not available during the exam period.
Social Association for Students with Autism (SASA)
Are you a student living with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)? Join your fellow students for informal discussions and group activities where you can share your interests in a welcoming social setting. All U of T students are unique, and SASA provides students with ASD, the chance to connect, contribute and develop new friendships. As well as weekly meet-ups with a board games, options for solo activities, and light snacks, the group decides on occasional outings based on mutual interests.
Would you like to participate in SASA? Contact your advisor or email the program coordinator directly.
Come and give SASA a chance! We look forward to meeting you!
When: Fridays, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Where: Sidney Smith Hall, Room 1078