In 2014, Student & Campus Community Development introduced awards for campus clubs and organizations on the St. George campus. These awards acknowledge the amazing work that U of T students and staff are doing as part of clubs and campus organizations community. Winners are announced at the Division of Student Life Year End Celebration.
- Awards are available to all Ulife-recognized clubs, organizations and their members along with University of Toronto employed faculty/staff. Awards may be peer or self-nominated.
- Award Nomination forms go live on Friday, January 19, 2018.
- Award Nominations are due Friday, March 9, 2018 at 9 a.m.
- Awards announced at Year End Celebration in April 5, 2018.
- Invitations with the date/location and RSVP will be sent out to all students and clubs nominated in March 2018.
All students, clubs, faculty and staff nominated for awards will be invited to a special Student Life Year End Celebration in April 2018 where the award winners will be announced. Award winners will receive their award at the celebration and their names will be engraved on the Annual Wall Plaques that are on display in the Ulife Service Centre at the 21 Sussex Clubhouse.
Invitations will be sent out in March and all attendees will be required to RSVP.
Program Event of the Year
This award recognizes outstanding achievements in event and program planning by any group recognized through Ulife.
- Any event/program is eligible for the award.
- The event/ program can have one or multiple organizing organizations/clubs that are recognized by Ulife.
- The award can be nominated by the organizing club/organization or attendees who are not part of the organizing body.
Executive Leader of the Year
This award recognizes the outstanding and “above and beyond” contributions of an executive member who has demonstrated exemplary leadership and role modelling.
- Demonstrates leadership by being a great team player, empowering and engaging other members and improving the organization and effectiveness of the club/organization.
- Develops positive relationships with other members, other clubs/groups and has extended the impact and influence of the club.
- Dedicated to their academics at U of T and effectively balances academic and their role in the club/organization.
- Must be in good academic standing and enrolled in courses at U of T during their time as club executive.
New Member of the Year
- This person can be in any year of study at the University of Toronto.
- Must be in good academic standing
- Demonstrates good balance of their academics and extracurricular involvement in the club/organization.
- Has had a positive impact on the club/organization
- Has demonstrated excellent leadership and dedication to the club/organization.
- Committed to personal growth and they have challenged themselves this year.
Team Player of the Year
This award recognizes the contributions of a student member in a Ulife recognized club or organization who embodies what it means to be a team player – helpful, dedicated, kind to all members, fulfils duties, takes initiative and acts as an excellent role model.
- This person has made a positive impact on the club/organization and has demonstrated excellent leadership and dedication to the club/organization.
- May be in any year of study at the University of Toronto.
- Must be in good academic standing and demonstrate good balance of academic and extracurricular involvement in the club/organization.
- May or may not be an executive member.
Outstanding Initiative or Vision for Campus Club or Organization
This award recognizes an innovative or creative approach or project undertaken by a Ulife recognized club/organization. This award was developed to identify and celebrate projects and initiatives that are not necessarily events or programs.
- This new idea was developed to solve an issue, to improve the impact or function of the club/organization or to improve the lives/experiences of U of T students.
- This initiative or idea had a profound impact and will be implemented into future club/organization activities and plans.
Outstanding Staff/Faculty Guidance & Support
This award recognizes and celebrates staff and faculty who have shown a commitment to supporting student organizations and their development. Through the efforts of this staff or faculty member, club and group leaders feel supported and connected to the larger U of T community.
- Any University of Toronto employed staff or faculty member is eligible for this award.
- Demonstrates curiosity and care in supporting campus organization(s) and their leaders’ ideas, initiatives and innovations.
- Fosters intentional and meaningful positive relationships with club and group leaders while connecting them to helpful resources.
Nominate someone for the Outstanding Staff/Faculty Guidance & Support Award (form coming soon)