Campus Life Resource Lounge
The Campus Life Resource Lounge holds a variety of resources including books, board games, activity kits and event supplies for people to use in order to facilitate community building on campus.
The Campus Life Resource Lounge is open to all students, staff and faculty on St. George Campus.
The lounge is open from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Supplies can be borrowed from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and from 2 – 5 p.m.
Students, staff and faculty can drop in to the lounge to sit, relax, meet or borrow items. Resources can only be borrowed after you are added as a patron.
How to check out a book, activity kit, board game or general resource:
1. The first step is for a student, staff or faculty member to be added as a patron. A library manager has to add all patrons. To be added as a patron, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, email, associated group and associated department. Please also indicate whether you are student, staff and/or faculty. Patrons are then able to check out and/or place holds on resources.
2. After patrons request a hold, they can then come in to the Campus Life Resource Lounge to check out their item. Checkout can be done in three different ways:
- Patrons are able to use their phone to scan the barcode, which would checkout their items for them.
- Patrons and the library manager would then both receive a confirmation email that details the item that was checked out as well as when the item is due back.
Resource Lounge staff checkout
- During staffed hours, (9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 2 – 5 p.m. Monday to Friday) when the Resource Lounge Programming Assistant or the Administrative Coordinator are available, these staff members can checkout the resources for the patrons enquiring.
General staff checkout
- Any staff member currently available can retrieve the resource for the enquiring patron and check them out.
3. After 21 days for books, or seven days for board games and activity kits, the patron and the library manager will receive a reminder email the day before the due date, on the due date, and when they become overdue.
Lounge policies include the following:
- books can be borrowed for up to 21 days before a renewal request is required
- board games and activity kits can be borrowed for up 7 days before a renewal request is required
- students can make up to ten buttons a semester using the resource lounge button maker and supplies, after which they must bring their own supplies
- students may laminate up to 10 pages a semester using the resource lounge laminator, after which they must bring their own supplies
There are no limits to the number of die cuts a student can make.
The Campus Life Resource Lounge is currently managed by the Student and Campus Community Development Administrative Coordinator, Jesse Adigwe, and the Campus Life Resource Lounge Programming Assistant.
“The activity kits really helped in facilitating group activities at my events!” – Anonymous
“This space is really nice to come and read!” – Anonymous
“The board games are a really great resource to have for my residence house events!” – Anonymous
Service department and contact
Student and Campus Community Development
Jesse Adigwe | Administrative Coordinator, Student & Campus Community Development | University of Toronto
21 Sussex Ave, Office #322 | Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1J6