English Language Support
As an international student, you have access to language support programs and many other academic resources while you are here at U of T:
- English Conversation Communities for Grads (ECCG) —Practice your conversational English skills with this drop-in group just for grad students.
- CIE Language Exchange – Meet other students while you discover new languages and share your own.
- Graduate Centre for Academic Communication — Get individual support or try a workshop or non-credit course (for grad students who are either native or non-native English speakers) offered at the School of Graduate Studies (SGS).
- Arts and Science English Language Learning Program — Participate in a 7-week series of communication workshops (Communication Café) or a 3-week writing activity online. Open to all undergraduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Arts and Science.
- Engineering Communication Program — Build your professional-level communication skills as an undergraduate engineering student.
- Writing Centres — Make an appointment with a writing instructor or visit the drop-in centre to improve your writing. Read more about Advice on Academic Writing.
- Academic Success Centre — Choose from a variety of lectures and workshops to help you develop the skills you need to succeed as a student.
- English Language Program – Check out the academic courses in English offered by the University of Toronto’s School of Continuing Studies.