DAAD – German Academic Exchange Service
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) Program is offering two exchange programs for undergraduate and graduate students who wish to pursue graduate-level studies or research in Germany:
- DAAD Study Scholarship: Students in their final year of their undergraduate studies will receive a scholarship for a full Master’s degree at a German University or receive funding to complete course work at a German University towards their master’s degree at U of T.
- DAAD Research Grant (One Year): Students who have completed a master’s degree at U of T or currently enrolled in a PhD program at U of T will receive a grant to pursue a research project in Germany for 7-10 months.
- DAAD Study Scholarship: Students will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 850/month to cover living expenses.
- DAAD Research Grant (One Year): Students will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 1,200/month to cover living expenses.
Note: The monthly stipends for both programs also cover travel and insurance coverage while in Germany.
The DAAD program is open to all undergraduate, graduate (Masters-level) and PhD students at U of T.
How to apply
1. Create a new account on the DAAD-Portal.
2. Complete the online application form and reference letter on the DAAD-Portal. Save both documents as a draft. Do not submit the application.
3. Send the CIE your application and reference letter by October 21, 2019:
- Email a copy of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bring your signed reference letter in a sealed envelope post-dated for November 4, 2019 to the front desk of the CIE (33 St. George Street). This should be received by the CIE by November 1, 2019.
The CIE will review your application and send feedback as necessary.
4. Submit your final online application by November 4, 2019. Use the appropriate checklist to ensure you have all necessary items when you apply:
5. The CIE will submit your reference letter to the DAAD New York Office by November 4, 2019.
DAAD Student Programs Information Session:
- Date: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Time: 4 – 5 p.m.
- Location: CIE, Cumberland House, 33 St. George Street
- October 15, 2019: DAAD Scholarship Information Session
- October 21, 2019: First draft of application and signed reference letter due
- November 4, 2019: Final online application to be submitted through the DAAD portal by the student