Canadian Learning Initiative in China
The Canada Learning Initiative in China (CLIC) is a unique program that is encouraging more Canadian students to discover rich experiential learning opportunities in China. Through an innovative framework of specialized programming, advising and funding, CLIC is designed to address the needs and objectives of Canadian students who wish to pursue studies abroad, in this case, with a focus on China. Over many years, the higher education landscape in Canada has seen a major difference between the number of Chinese students studying in Canada versus the number of Canadian students undertaking study in China. In order to address this gap, CLIC was established in February 2016 to create new and accessible learning opportunities for Canadian students in China.
Note: This is ideal for summer exchange opportunities.
To review the programs available, visit the CLIC website.
- Roundtrip airfare from Canada to China
- Subsidized accommodation
- Living stipend of ~$600.00 CAD/month
- Application fee to host university is waived (if you pay, you will not be reimbursed)
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Must be a student at a CLIC member university
- Must be a full-time student at the time of application
- Both undergraduate and graduate students may apply
- Participants can include: research interns, co-ops, dual degree students and exchange students
- Students who have already received a scholarship from the China Scholarship Council are NOT eligible
- Apply to the CIE by February 24, 2019
- Application deadline for Summer, Fall and Full-Year programs: March 6, 2019
- Application deadline for Winter programs: October 10, 2019