Support for campus clubs and organizations
Does your campus club or organization engage with the community, civic participation, social justice, or equity issues? Does your work support communities through volunteer opportunities, community-engaged learning, or other direct engagement? If the answer is yes, our office is interested in collaborating with you!
We can collaborate with or support your club in the following ways:
- Community Outreach and Engagement Network (COEN);
- Training & development;
- Venture grants;
- One-on-one meetings;
- Events and one time activities;
- CCR validation;
- Ongoing updates on Facebook
This network, for campus clubs and organisations, meets every couple of months with the purpose of connecting community engaged individuals, initiatives, and groups. If your club or organisation is engaged in supporting community development, this series of networking dinners is for you! During these sessions, one or two representatives from your group will have the opportunity to network with other engaged groups, share your information with others, and participate in facilitated discussions and sessions on topics of value to your group.
- Showcase your work and find opportunities to engage more students in your programs through our website
- Create networking opportunities for you to meet other students and groups on campus who have similar goals to yours
- Receive support as you plan and prepare for a community engaged activity; be connected to relevant opportunities and partnerships
- Participate in meaningful dialogue around opportunities, challenges, ideas, strengths, etc.
- Promote your events and opportunities through our listserv (form)
For information on registration, please contact Amina Farah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training & Development
CCP Staff have diverse educational, community-based, and lived experiences that underpin our work with diverse communities and community organisations. We are inspired by learning opportunities and are interested in sharing our experiences. Our office can support your club’s passion for community engagement through workshops, facilitation, and resources that speak directly to community contexts.
Contact us to arrange a meeting to discuss how we can support your club or organization.
For more information contact Kristina Minnella at Kristina.email@example.com.
Community Engaged Initiative Grants
Do you have a great idea for a community engaged learning project? Apply for a $1000 Community-Engaged Initiatives Grant!
Have a question or idea about engaging with community? Not sure where to start or want to dig deeper? Please reach out to our co-curricular team to set up a time to talk. We can work with you to plan and prepare community- engaged learning activities or connect your group to relevant opportunities and partnerships.
Get in Touch
Amina Farah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristina Minnella at Kristina.email@example.com.