Community Action Project: Moms, Pops and Tots Program at Kensington Gardens
Moms and Dads can visit residents at Kensington Gardens Nursing Home (a 10 minute walk from campus)! If you are a student parent with a young child or baby (2 years old or under), and you are interested in volunteering in the community, consider getting involved with this opportunity. You and your child can bring smiles and happiness to older adults at Kensington Gardens Nursing Home.
Visits can either be a 1 on 1 or group visit. Parents will also have the opportunity to meet with each other to talk about their experience.
Photo credit: William holding hands by Jen DeVere Warner
This opportunity is open to students of any academic background with babies or small children.
If you are interested in this program, but you are not a University of Toronto Student, email Tory at email@example.com. If you are a student interested in this program but do not have a young child check out the Friendly Visiting Program http://www.studentlife.utoronto.ca/ccp/kensington!
How it works
- Register by emailing Natasha Jamal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend an Orientation session at Kensington Gardens
- Attend an interview and fill out a Police Reference Check at Kensington Gardens.
- Complete a Two-step TB test at Kensington Gardens
- Complete the training provided by Kensington Gardens
- Visit Kensington Gardens with your child at times that are convenient for you.
- Attend a reflection session with the CCP and other participants
If you complete all of the above requirements you can add this experience to your Co-Curricular Record.
Schedule and time commitment
Scheduling is flexible.
25 Brunswick Ave, Toronto