Community Action Project: Homework Club
Become a Homework Club Tutor
You will be supporting students ages 6-12 with their academic success. We will provide you with the training you need to become a tutor. This program is in partnership with Action for Neighbourhood Change, St. Alban's Boys & Girls Club, Toronto Public Library Mt. Dennis Branch and the Centre for Community Partnerships, University of Toronto.
- Develop your communication, mentorship, interpersonal, and youth engagement skills
- Contribute to the community and help a young person reach their potential
- Gain experience in education and leadership
This program is open to all University of Toronto Students
How it works
- Attend an interview
- Fill out a Police Reference Check application at your interview
- Attend the Community Action Project Orientation
- Participate by tutoring every Wednesday from 4 - 6 p.m. during the duration of Homework Club at Mt. Dennis Library
- Attend 2 reflection sessions with the CCP and other participants
You can add the experience to your Co-Curricular Record after completing all of the above requirements.
When and where
Schedule and time commitment
The program runs from September, 2017 to March, 2018, Wednesdays 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. (not including travel time to the Mount Dennis Library at 1123 Weston Road)
Tutors meet with students after school at the Toronto Public Library, Mt. Dennis Branch at 1123 Weston Road.
Register now. Registration Deadline: September 16, 2017.
Please note: You must have a Vulnerable Sector Screening – Police Reference Check to begin tutoring. This process takes 2-4 months, so the sooner you register the sooner you can begin!