Campus Labs: Baseline
Campus Labs: Baseline (formerly Student Voice) is a company that provides assessment tools, technology and programs to help make assessment projects in Student Life easy and achievable. Through the Office of the Vice-Provost, Students, Student Life staff in all colleges and faculties, as well as all central Student Life departments, have free access to these services. We also have several iTouches available to survey students at a particular site (at an event, upon entry to your office, etc.)
Through Campus Labs: Baseline you can
- Create online web-based surveys and have instant access to the results
- Create PDA (iTouch)-based surveys and upload results to the Campus Labs site
- Access sample survey tools from the Campus Labs toolkit
- Conduct analysis using cross-tabs and filters
- Report your results using graphs and charts
- Attend webinars on assessment-related topics
How it works
1. Contact Jeff Burrow to request access. Please provide your name, email and UTORid.
2. Consult the Student Life Survey Protocol.
3. Develop your survey questions in Microsoft Word, along with the response options. Note any questions that are required; clearly note if there are "branches" to your survey (e.g. if yes, go to q#, if no, go to q#).
4. Login to the Campus Labs: Baseline site, select "Request a Project”, fill out the form and upload your survey file.
5. Test the survey and forward any changes to Campus Labs: Baseline. It’s a good idea to get some students to test your survey.
6. When you’re ready, invite students to respond to the survey. If it’s web-based, you can post the link on your website, send a link to participants via email, or upload the email file to Campus Labs: Baseline and ask them to conduct a mass mailing. If it’s PDA-based, we will load the survey onto the iTouches. Return them to the Office of Student Life and we'll upload the data to the Campus Labs: Baseline site for you.
7. Report your results. Share widely – assessment helps us work better!
If you’d like information on how to get started, go to http://baselinesupport.campuslabs.com. This is a separate support site, so the first time you log in, click "Sign Up" in the upper right corner. You'll have to create a login for this site with your U of T email address to verify that you’re from a member campus. Once you log in, there are video resources and walkthroughs, FAQs, and helpful assessment resources.