We offer workshops on a variety of academic topics every semester. Like our appointments, we try to make our workshops as interactive as possible – using practical skills while explaining the theory behind them. We also keep the size of the group small enough to cater to your individual needs and answer all of your questions.
Summer Workshop Series
We offer a variety of workshops that are interactive and give you practical skills to help you succeed. All workshops take place on Tuesdays from 3 – 5 p.m. in the Student Success Centre (Seminar Room).
- May 7, 2019 - Getting Organized and Staying on Track
- May 14, 2019 - Critical Thinking, Reading & Note-Taking
- May 21, 2019 - Skills to Improve your Concentration & Memory
- May 28, 2019 - Planning for Research & Assignments
- June 4, 2019 - Managing Procrastination and Increasing Motivation
- June 11, 2019 - Preparing for Exams & Managing Exam Anxiety
- July 2, 2019 - Staying Resilient & Managing Stress Throughout the Term
- July 9, 2019 - Skills to Improve your Concentration & Memory
- July 16, 2019 - Critical Thinking, Reading & Note-Taking
- July 23, 2019 - Managing Procrastination and Increasing Motivation
- July 30, 2019 - Preparing for Exams & Managing Exam Anxiety
Exam Prep Series: An academic edge to ace your exams!
Come to short, focused discussions with a Learning Strategist about the exam skills that matter to you and your discipline, including:
- Juggling multiple exams
- Tackling multiple choice exams
- Essay and long answer exams
- Memory techniques
- Problem solving exams for STEM courses
- Effective studying at the last minute
Request a workshop
If you’d like to request a custom workshop, let us know! We welcome opportunities to collaborate with students and colleagues across campus and in the community.
Our dynamic team of staff and mentors have expertise across a range of learning topics and theories, and we can create workshops customized for your group. We consider workshops to be small interactive learning experiences, different from presentations – but we can and will work with PowerPoint and speak to large groups if that’s what works for you. We can also facilitate reflection on learning experiences through creative writing, dialogue and art-based activities related to either curricular or co-curricular learning.
We would be happy to work with you to accommodate a request for your group. Allow at least 4 weeks' notice to give us time to tailor the content to your needs. Fill out our Workshop Request Form or contact us for more information.