The Committee for the Allocation of Student Activity Space
Origin of CASASIn 1999, the University had a Task Force on Student Activity Space to examine the issues surrounding space availability for three main areas of student activity: campus groups, student societies and multi-faith needs.
One of the products of the task force's report was to strike a committee that allocated the determined space. It was named the Commitee to Allocate Student Activity Space (CASAS). CASAS today allocates the 50+ shared office spaces available in the 21 Sussex Clubhouse (21 Sussex Ave.)
MembershipCASAS consists of:
- two representatives from UTSU
- one representative from APUS
- one representative from the GSU
- three students at large, nominations to be received in December of each year and assessed by the Vice-Provost Students. Students will be selected to represent broad student interests.
- three staff members to be drawn from divisions from the Office of Student Life.
The CASAS Membership for 2012 session includes:
|Joe||Sussex Club House, Student-at-large rep|
|Lissette||Sussex Club House, Student-at-large rep|
|TBD||Staff rep: Centre for International Experience|
|Zita||Staff rep: Multi-faith Centre|
|Aron||Staff rep: Hart House|